Losing your hair slowly is surely a terrible ordeal. Fortunately, through the development of technology, regaining your lost hair is now a reality. One such medical advancement is called hair transplant surgery. This particular method is used to treat male pattern baldness. It involves moving hair follicles from the donor site and implanting them to the recipient site, or the balding part of the head. If you are currently experiencing male pattern baldness, this is the perfect opportunity for you to try hair transplant in Malaysia.
Here are some things that you need to remember after your hair transplant surgery:
- Avoid washing your hair immediately. Your newly-transplanted hair need to acclimatize in your scalp. This usually takes a week or two, depending on your recovery rate. Only your doctor can wash your hair during your recovery period.
- Do not dye your newly-transplanted hair. You might be tempted to try hair coloring products to enhance your hair. This could pose significant danger to your scalp because of the chemicals present in hair dying products. You can only try this once your recovery period is over and if your doctor says so.
- Avoid stressful activities. Stressful life leads to alopecia areata. Avoid going back to work one week after your hair transplant surgery in Malaysia. Use this time to get plenty of rest and focus on your recovery.
- Follow your doctor’s post-operation advice. Your doctor will give you instructions after your surgery. These instructions focus on the treatment of scabs in the scalp, kinds of medicines that you need to take, foods you need to avoid, etc.
- Set-up realistic expectations. People have different reaction to medical treatments. This also applies to hair transplant surgery. Some patients grow their hair back eight months after the surgery. You may get yours earlier or on a later time. However, as long as you follow your doctor’s advice, you will be able to treat your male pattern baldness in no time.
Hair transplant surgery is definitely difficult, expensive and not to mention, painful. But you can surely recover from it as long as you strictly follow your doctor’s advice. Most people are only concerned about the hair implantation and do not bother with the specifics, making their recovery time longer than expected. Always remember to know everything that you need to before undergoing the surgery. This way, you will know exactly what to do when the time of your surgery comes.