The typical lovers standing by the staircase, kissing next to the piano, or pretending to dance in a ballroom are all part of an old romantic theme for pre-wedding photos most Singaporeans do, but are now considered to be boring and unoriginal. Try these six fun themes for your pre-wedding photoshoot in Singapore to add an element of creativity and originality to your photos:
- Patriotic theme This theme would be perfect for the patriotic brides and grooms-to-be, or if you have a partner who works in the military or the government. Some ideas include wrapping each other in a banner and kiss, ‘kiss the war goodbye’ pose, and ‘returning from war’ pose. Dress up in uniform and have a banner with you!
- Nostalgic theme Walk down memory lane and reminisce on the first day where you two met, and capture the special moment again. For example, if you and your partner are high school sweethearts, go back to your old school and take photos in your classrooms or any room in the school where you two first met.
- Adventure theme For sports lovers, this is the theme to go. Have a photoshoot at an indoor rock-climbing center, where you two pose as lovers and looking longingly into each other’s eyes while hanging on a rope. You can also experiment with poses at any indoor sports game center while playing futsal, dodgeball, netball or hockey.
- Quirky theme For the playful and fun-loving couples who don’t take themselves too seriously, you can try a quirky theme. Some ideas include dressing up as a cartoon or game character, or have a zombie invasion theme where your partner rescues you from a horde of zombies (have your friends or family members dress up as zombies).
- Movie theme One of the easiest themes to pull off, you can take inspirations from your favorite movies. Some of the most popular movies that inspire a creative pre-wedding photoshoot include Mr. and Mrs. Smith, Titanic, Superman, Indiana Jones, Star Wars, Breakfast at Tiffany’s, Harry Potter, and The Notebook. You can either do it movie poster-style or recreate a live scene that looks just like the scene in your favorite movie.
- Vintage theme Want a retro or vintage look for your pre-wedding photos? Take a leaf out of your family photo album. Your grandparents’ old photos could be a great inspiration if you want to relive the old days and incorporate the element in your photos.
To make your dream photoshoot come true just the way you like it, book the best wedding photography services in Singapore that specialize in fun and creative-themed pre-wedding photos. Do some research for more ideas, and bring example photos when you meet your photographer to brainstorm.
You only marry once – make it a memorable one! Planning a wedding ceremony can be as tedious as leaving for a workout. You contact people, meet with organizers, run from one friend to another to spread the good news, and plan your pre wedding photography shoot.
And speaking of a photo shoot, have you thought of a unique theme already? Picnics, French romance, and Kawaii are only some you usually see as you scroll your search results.
If you are still undecided on how your prenup shoot would look like, here are some trendy theme ideas for the dream wedding of your life.
- Movie-Themed Do you like the idea of role playing? Picture yourselves like Jack and Rose, or Romeo and Juliet, by dressing up and acting up your movie-themed shoot.
- Travel Buddies Do you love to travel? Why not take shots in places that were valuable to you? Like where did you had your first date, first kiss, or where was your favorite place? This can also be at the local tourist attractions. If you love to get lost in adventure, then this theme suits you both! Von voyage to your next trips as a married couples!
- Food Lovers
Food is love. Who doesn’t love food? But if food played a special part to make you closer and stronger together, then you can choose this theme. Take pictures while you were eating. It can either be a classy restaurant or a simple picnic outdoors. Reminisce those days when your feelings were just starting to develop inside a romantic restaurant or a cute food stall.
- Nature Appreciation What would be more beautiful than having sweet shots with the nature? It can be under the stars, at a wild park, at the sandy beach, or in a wild forest. Take your pick!
- Sports Do both of you have your favorite sports to share? You can use balls, rackets, or paddles as props. Stadium, game arena, or grassy field is the best place to take your prenup shots. Wear your favorite jerseys, or why not create your own with your wedding date printed on them.
- Musical If music connects your heart in a particular way, why not add symphony and harmony to your prenup pics? Shoot like one of you was playing piano, guitar, or any musical instrument that inspired both of you. Concerts, record stores, and gigs are the perfect settings for this theme!
- Bookworm If the library is your heart’s own, then why not show your bookworm sides on your prenup shoot? Unleash the rational persons inside you. You can arrange books as props, or feature a lineup of your favorite novels. And, why not dress up like your favorite book characters?
Though planning for a wedding is an exhausting process, in the end, you’ll have your dream wedding with the person you want to spend the rest of your life with. Everything will be worth it! Start it by making your prenup photos and videos unique. Pick up the theme that’s not just trendy, but also portrays the story of your love with each other.
A pre-wedding pictorial, also known as prenuptial or engagement photo shoot is done three to six months before the big day. Even though some engaged couples debate whether or not to have it due to money concerns, most couples still agree that it is a necessary phase they should go through before becoming official. If you and your partner want to have a pre-wedding photo shoot and you want to do it overseas, here are some things that you need to remember in order to have a spectacular session:
- What’s your theme? Knowing your theme will determine the kinds of props and wardrobe that you will be using in your photo shoot. Do you want to wear formal clothes to project an elegant look or just your casual ones to show people your fun-loving side?
- Where do you want to shoot your photos? Choosing the location before going to your destination country will save you time and money scouting for one once you go there. Do you want to do the photo shoot in a specific spot in the city? Do you want it done in a romantic scene on the beach, forest or temples?
- Consider the weather. The weather is a great factor that you need to consider when you are doing a photo shoot. Before going to your destination, check a week’s worth of weather to ensure that you are going to have a good time shooting your pre-wedding photos there.
- Search for the best photographer. The next important person next to the both of you is the photographer. However, he or she cannot just be anyone. Your pre-wedding photographer must be able to bring your ideas to life. Before going to your destination country, make sure that you do extensive research about your potential photographer. Check out samples of their works online before making a decision. It is also highly important to know their rate so that you would be able to prepare your budget before going there.
- Book for 2 to 3 days’ worth of stay. Booking your stay in the destination country for two to three days will help you maximize every dime that you spend on your overseas pre-wedding photography. In addition, you can also wait for your photos to be processed so that you will have something to show off when you go home. When doing a pre-wedding photo shoot abroad, is very important that you book your accommodation near the studio of your chosen photographer. This way, you can easily give him or her all your concerns about your plans and ideas about the photo shoot that needs to be immediately addressed.
Once you have chosen your destination country and your official pre-wedding photographer, all you need to do now is to think about how you and your partner are going to pose in front of the camera. Also, before heading abroad, don’t forget to bring your own make-up kit to make you look more gorgeous than you already are in front of the camera. If you don’t want to hassle yourself, make sure that you hire an excellent make-up artist who will take care of you and your partner’s hair and skin during your photo shoot.